Rosenthal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (RFDCPA)
The Rosenthal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (RFDCPA) is the state of California's own version of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). It extends many of the same protections afforded by the FDCPA, and also provides additional layers of protection to defend you from harmful actions of creditors.
We frequently partner with attorneys in many states, and can work with you to find appropriate legal counsel if you live in California and need help defending your privacy and stopping harassing calls.
When it comes to debt collection agencies, here's what we can protect you against:
- Repeated calls
- Abusive language and threats of legal action
- Contacting your neighbors, relatives, friends, coworkers, and employers
- Deceptive and illegal methods of debt collection
- Misrepresentation of the amount or status of a debt
- Disclosure of your default debts to third parties